Monday, November 3, 2014

Blog Post 3 Mirco aquarium

On October 24  "Atison's Betta Food" was put into my microaquarium. The food pellet is made by Ocean Nutrition, Aqua Pet Americas at 3528 West 500 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84104. The ingredients are fish meal, wheat flower, soy meal, krill meal, minerals, vitamins and preservatives.The analysis of the food is Crude Protein 36%; Crude fat 4.5%; Crude Fiber 3.5%; Moisture 8% and Ash 15%  (McFarland, 2014).

This week I observed a lot more activity within my mircoaquarium. I believe that the food pellet caused the mircoorganisms  to move around more because it was just another source of food. I saw a fliamentis, which I didn't not see the last time I observed the microaquarium. I also saw three Cyclops. Another microorganism that I saw probably 3 to 6 times was Gastrotricha (Rainis and Russell, 1996 pg. 176-177). The Ameoba  that I observed for the first time was also a interesting specimen. It started as a unshapely structure then proceeded to turn into a circular structure and was attracted to the plants in my microaquarium. While looking at the Ameoba I also saw a lot of Cayonbacteria (McFarland, 2014). I also observed many Euchlanis (Patterson, 1992).

No comments:

Post a Comment